What People Say
We are delighted that our recent Ofsted inspection confirmed that St. Peter's C.E. Primary School is a GOOD school and was judged to be GOOD is all areas.
This is a fantastic village school which nurtures its pupils and brings out the best in them. Ofsted Report July 2019
The inspector recognised the incredible work that goes on across the whole school to provide all our pupils with a good standard of education and the report highlights many key strengths. Under the heading, 'Effectiveness of leadership and management', it was recognised that:
- 'The Headteacher, with strong support from the Deputy, leads the school well' and they have 'maintained a determined focus on raising achievement for pupils';
- 'Leadership for pupils with SEND is effective' as the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) 'knows the pupils and their needs well and monitors their progress regularly'; and
- 'Governors have a good understanding of the strengths and development needs of the school'.
The 'Quality of teaching, learning and assessment' and 'Outcomes for pupils' also feature incredibly positively in the report, with the inspector recognising, "Teaching is typically strong across classes" and, "successful actions have led to a significant rise in pupils’ outcomes. Across the school, current pupils are achieving well in reading, writing and mathematics."
We are equally proud that our continual focus on the 'Personal development, behaviour and welfare' of our fantastic pupils was also acknowledged. For example:
- 'Pupils’ welfare is of central importance across the school';
- 'Parents appreciate the sense of community created by the school. They value the way pupils are looked after and taught to look after each other';
- 'Pupils relish the opportunities to be part of the wider life of the school'; and
- 'Pupils are adamant that bullying does not happen at their school. They are confident that should it occur it would be quickly resolved by staff'.
This further strengthens the recognition received following our Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS) in September 2017 when St. Peter's C.E. Primary School was also judged to be a GOOD school.
High quality pastoral care and support nurtures the development of the whole child, enabling all pupils to feel personally valued, happy and secure. SIAMS Report September 2017
When describing, 'The distinctiveness and effectiveness of St. Peter’s Primary School as a Church of England school', a number of strengths were recognised including:
- 'Explicit Christian values underpin the beliefs, behaviours and attitudes of all pupils'; and
'Under the guidance of senior leaders, staff and clergy the Christian character of the school has a significant impact on pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development'.