Would you be interested in joining our supportive and committed team at St. Peter’s? Our vision of Achieve-Believe-Create leads all that we do to prepare our children for the journey of life and you too can be a part of this. There are currently 2 vacancies at our vibrant, welcoming and supportive village school.
Class Teacher & SENCO
Grade M3/6 – UPS1/3 + SEN 1 Allowance
Full Time (3.5 Days Teaching Commitment)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an aspirational leader to join our supportive and committed team in the role of Class Teacher and Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENCO). We are seeking to appoint an experienced practitioner to be part of the leadership team, supporting colleagues in the strategic delivery of the SEND Code of Practice embedding good practice and consistency across the school. You will be able to offer us:
- good classroom practice with proven experience meeting the differing needs of learners in your care;
- high expectations of learning and behaviour which motivate and inspire both children and adults with a sense of fun, creativity and an appetite for learning
- excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills which naturally engages pupils, parents, staff and external agencies in order to attempt to remove barriers to learning;
- an ability to use own initiative and professional judgement supporting all staff in understanding the needs of SEND pupils;
- a commitment to professional development and willingness to undertake training for the NASENCO award (or new NPQ equivalent) if this has not already been achieved;
- a willingness to contribute to the delivery of an appropriate programme of CPD for staff in line with the School Improvement Plan and staff appraisal process;
- monitoring experience which can be utilised to evaluate the quality of inclusion; and
- a commitment to the wider life of the school and extracurricular activities.
School visits are actively encouraged. Please contact the School Secretary, Ms Gina Griffin, on 01444 892314 or email@example.com to join one of our visit days. Applications should be posted or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
St. Peter's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer. All posts are subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service and qualifications checks, a health check and satisfactory references.