Raising Pupils' Achievement
St. Peter's Olympic Opening Ceremony
What People Say
We are delighted that the outcome of our recent Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS) in September 2017 was that St. Peter's C.E. Primary School was judged to be a GOOD school.
High quality pastoral care and support nurtures the development of the whole child, enabling all pupils to feel personally valued, happy and secure. SIAMS Report September 2017
Following the disappointing Ofsted Inspection in March 2017 where the school was judged as 'Requires Improvement', the staff were particularly proud that the Inspector recognised how, ‘The commitment of the current team to return to a position of excellence has led to major improvements. The clear vision for the future shared by staff and governors is a strength of the school. The primary focus on getting things right for the pupils is securely underpinned by a shared Christian vision and applied values and positive outcomes can be seen.’
Under the heading, 'The distinctiveness and effectiveness of St Peter’s Primary School as a Church of England school', a number of strengths were recognised including;
- Explicit Christian values underpin the beliefs, behaviours and attitudes of all pupils
Under the guidance of senior leaders, staff and clergy the Christian character of the school has a significant impact on pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
This builds further on the many areas of strength recognised during the Ofsted inspection including;
- The curriculum: British values are promoted well and pupils’ spiritual, moral and social development is good, as are their behaviour and attendance.
- Enrichment activities are well used to make learning more accessible.
- The promotion of healthy lifestyles is strong.
- Pupils are encouraged to read wide and often.
- Pupils in Early Years are sufficiently well prepared to move into Year 1.
- Rigorous safeguarding arrangements help to ensure that pupils are well looked after.
To view the full Ofsted or SIAMS reports, please click on the links below. You can also download a copy of the letters sent to Parents and Carers, and the most recent Post Ofsted Action Plan Summary for Parents and Carers: